21 November, 2012

How to be a Writer 1

When The City Wakes Up by Yuji_in_Paris
When The City Wakes Up, a photo by Yuji_in_Paris on Flickr.
I don't remember when I became a night person. Probably it was when I started listening to the radio in bed when I was 11 or 12 years old.


My parents were very strict on me, they didn't allow me to watch more than one TV program a week in those days.


So, I was secretly listening to the radio in bed wearing a headset.


Thanks to this experience, I was able to listen to the kind of music I would never listen to otherwise. And I could hear all kind of stories TV programs wouldn't tell you.


This habit, staying up late, stayed with me. After everybody goes to sleep, I can do my own things, including writing. It eventually became my work.


You never know what will do you good later, no matter how bad it may seem now.  If I was watching TV every single day, I didn't become a night person. And I didn't become a writer.


Of course, it's not the only reason why I was able to become a writer.


And don't forget; all the writers are so good at making up stories!


Yuji xxx

No comments: