28 September, 2011

Acupuncture 1

Acupuncture is nothing scary. You just need to find a good acupuncture therapist.

One of the people who helped me a lot was an acupuncture therapist. That was almost 20 years ago.

I was under so much pressure when I started living alone, and I couldn't sleep very well.

Somebody introduced me to "a great acupuncture therapist."

The first time I visited him, I was very scared of the needles.

And the first thing he said was, "please lie down on the bed, relax and look stupid."

I followed his words, and tried to have a stupid face.

I took his words so seriously!

Then I started laughing like crazy. It was so silly of me to try so hard to look stupid on the bed!

I kept laughing and laughing for about 10 minutes. I couldn't stop!

"Then, you can keep laughing as much as you want!" 

And I kept laughing alone for some more...

It was the first time in my life to laugh so hard.  I am not sure if he was so good at acupuncture, but he started calling me "his sister," and he became one of the most important persons in my life.

To be continued....

Yuji xxx  

No comments: