15 June, 2011

A Young Boy and Me

I went to a container wharf for taking photos. It's not a fancy place, and normally people don't go there, unless they are working in the shipping companies on the wharf.

At the end of the wharf, I took some photos of the ships in Tokyo bay through the fence. The sky and the sea looked pink and blue. I had a great time there.

I thought I would be the only one to be there, but there was a very young boy who arrived before me. He was also taking photos of this view with his little camera.

He is about 9 or 10 years old. I saw so much of me in him;)

I remember I also had the first camera of my own when I was 9 or 10. The quality of the camera was not very good, but I still have some prints from those days.

In this photo, the little ship is a cruise ship, it sails inside Tokyo bay. And the big ship probably goes to some other countries, carrying a lot of containers.

I wanted to ask him why he liked this view, but he looked too busy, so I didn't. But he and I had a lot in common. 

No comments: