1. Some Japanese coins, 5 yen and 50 yen, have holes in the centre. So unusual!
Japanese coins (google image)
2. People in Japan like to wear mostly dark clothing.
3. There is no trash bin on the street, and it's very clean everywhere in Tokyo.
4. Most shops always give you free shopping bags, unless you tell them you don't need any.
5. Vending machines take big bills, such as 10,000 yen bills (about 86 Euro as of today) even when you buy a single ride ticket for about 2 Euro.
Well, I was only way from Tokyo for 6 weeks, and many of the those little things surprise me!