20 March, 2011

Being Different

As a little boy, I loved Origami, Japanese paper craft.

I especially liked making origami dolls. However, origami was not really for boys...

My mother and father often told me to be more "manly." Though, I didn't know what to do.

I never enjoyed what other boys were doing, baseball, football, playing figures of super heroes... etc.

Making a paper crane for the first time in a long time was somewhat healing like.

My mother passed away 4 years ago, and I am not so close to my father. There is nobody to stop me from doing what I enjoy!

As long as I remember, what I truly liked was different from what other boys liked since I was a very little boy. And it seems to remain this way!

It was difficult to be different in this country where people like "acting the same as others." But everything is changing rapidly.

Being different is fun. If someone asks me about this topic, I would say, why not!

No comments: