25 February, 2011

Japanese Umbrella


Japanese Umbrella
Originally uploaded by yujiblog
Fashion trend is interesting. Sometimes it is fashionable to wear hats, sometimes not. At the moment, hats are really hot in Tokyo. Both, men and women wear hats.

I don't remember when young Japanese ladies started carrying parasols again. But it wasn't too many years ago... maybe 6 or 7 years ago?

Until then, it was considered to be something middle aged women would do.

This photo was taken at a traditional Japanese tea house.

I know that this photo could be rather shocking to some people outside Japan. In some culture, opening an umbrella inside the house is considered to be unlucky.

I did it so many times in my life, and I never thought I had any bad luck!  In fact, I believe I am one of the luckiest people in the world!

Anyway, I was in love with the umbrella again.

No comments: