14 February, 2011

Flowers For You


For My Valentine
Originally uploaded by yujiblog
This is something I mentioned before.

Japanese men don't buy flowers so much, because they feel too shy to go into a flower shop.

Buying flowers is a female thing to do here.

I have asked several Japanese women if they would be happy to receive flowers from men.

All of them said "of course! It's the best gift!"

So then, there must be a big business opportunity! Flower shops in Japan should encourage men to buy flowers on Valentine's Day.

In Japan, Valentine's Day is a day women send chocolates to men.

And in return, on 14 of March, men need to buy them something more expensive... something like bags, accessories, etc. It's called "White Day"

I don't join White Day... but on the other hand, I am not too shy to buy pink roses;-)

No comments: