04 January, 2011

Signs

If you visit Tokyo, you will see so many English signs everywhere. Most of them don't make any sense.

People in Japan often use English words just because they are pretty to look at, and they don't understand what they mean.

They don't use English words on T shirts, gift wrapping paper, and food products as communication tools. So, it is a new way of using words.

You can find lots of interesting examples if you search for "funny Japanese English"

Now, it's about this photo... I took it in Paris.

When I first saw this red thing, I thought it was a Doner Kebab shop.

Now I know what it is, and this red thing is a little less interesting (but I still find it very pretty).

Some of the things are most interesting when you don't know what they are.

So, I am not going to tell you what it is.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: